Press-fit technology permits for solder-free components assembly, resulting in mechanical connection between the PCB and solder-free components (e.g. connectors, RF cages). The press-fit process requires for a lower and an upper tool, where the former provides mechanical support to the PCB and the latter – to the pressed-in component.
Steps in the Press-fit Jig Design and Manufacturing Process:
- Customer uploads the files (PCB file for lower tools, component datasheets for upper tools).
- Customer is asked to ship samples of an assembled PCB (for lower tools).
- Detailed jig files are prepared by Suron’s experts.
- Optionally, the design is sent to the customer for approval prior to production.
- The files are handed over for production.
- A full inspection is carried out.
Similarly, Suron also designs and produces Wave-soldering pallets, Jigs for the SMT line, for de-paneling, for selective-wave machines, trays, re-balling devices, conformal coating.