Electronic and electro-optic products are aimed to function flawlessly, regardless of how harsh environmental conditions are. Hence high-end products, as well as products for high-end applications (e.g. automotive, aerospace, medical, high power) utilize packages based on the tightest isolation techniques. Currently, metal-to-metal and ceramic-to metal sealing present the highest sealing performance, thus most appropriate for the highest product standards.
Au-Sn (Gold-Tin) alloys are popularly in use as preform attached to the lid, mainly since such alloys permit for a eutectic soldering of the lid to its package under temperature that are substantially lower than the melting temperature of the package plating.
Establishing a high-yield eutectic soldering process requires both high process-expertise, and excellent, flawless package components and process fixtures.
Suron’s lids are known world-wide for their un-matched, long-standing quality, obtained by:
- Tight verification that customer’s requests and drawing specifications can be matched prior to establishing the lid quote.
- Internal design rules of lids dimensional restrictions and plating specification.
- Using the best raw materials, purchased only from its well-established, constantly-updated suppliers-list. Raw material are routinely inspected upon reaching Suron’s facilities.
- Establishing a highly controlled, all in-house, manufacturing process. Manufacturing bases on several decades of experience in photochemical etching and lids-plating, according to the highest quality standards world-wide.
- Tight quality control and assurance, that account for the fact that each single device packed by Suron’s customers deserves the highest lid quality possible.
These steps make Suron’s lids highly popular, both on land, in and out of earth’s atmosphere.